Tuesday, March 8, 2011

"Blue Winds Dancing" by Tom Whitecloud (p. 313)

The most important thing in my life is my children. I cannot and will not pick any one over the other, so I will describe all three.

William(12) is around 5'1" with piercing blue eyes and long, sandy brown hair. He is shy and so very curious. He's is so very smart but lacks more in the common sense area. He's on student council and in the Battle of the Books. He is in Boy Scouts and has his future planned out since he was 8 years old. He is my first born and I expect so much more out of him because of that even though I shouldn't. He makes me feel happy every time I see him and proud at the same time. I'm happy because despite what everyone said about me having him so young, I believe I've done a decent job at raising him. We had to leave his father when he was very young and I was a single parent for some time, but that left me to teach him things that a father should have taught him. He represents so much for me. He wants to be so many things when he grows up. He inspires me to be more than I am now.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Xander(8) is around 4'2" with dazzling greenish-brown eyes and short, crew-cut brown hair. He's very outgoing and makes friends so easily that I'm a little envious of his ability to do so. He's always full of energy and loves to explore new things. He's not as book smart as his brother is but he tries so very hard to be. I am proud of his efforts and take comfort in knowing that he still knows about many thing his older brother can't comprehend. He's always healthy and rarely ever gets even a cold. He spends as much time outside as possible and loves to help other people especially his grandpa accomplish tasks that they couldn't do by themselves otherwise. He's always so vibrant and happy that I can envision that he will do great things in his life so long as I push him to achieve more than he think he can.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Piper(4) is only about 3' with muddy brown eyes and long dirty blond hair. She's so full of herself and also much to young to describe her in a full capacity. She is so full of life and energy that it could make you smile and wonder how she does it. Since she's so young, she sees nothing wrong with the world and is incapable of truly being unhappy about anything. I wish so much that I could share her perspective on life, how everything is great and your always happy about it. Anything can make her smile even an empty cardboard box. She's completely unburdened by anything and life is always open to all possibilities. A free spirit... hopefully always.

2 comments:

  1. No mother should choose....well written! You've described them so well, I can see all 3 of their adorable faces and personalities! My son is 9 (almost 10) and truly the light of my life. While he doesn't get As or Bs in school, he is smart as a whip where it counts. Just last night he was telling my husband and I that he doesn't want to get married more than once. He wants to find a woman he can be married to and stay married to for his whole life! He's saying things like that at NINE years old!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed reading about your children. They all seem very precious and so special in their each individual ways:) I love being a mother myself and I get the feeling you do too, LOL!!!! I actually don't even remember what my life was like before I had children. I guess that means what happened before doesn't matter amymore.

    ReplyDelete